Friday 2 March 2012

A weekend away...

Hello beautifuls!

Gosh it's been a while hasn't it!

I thought I'd do a quick post on our stay at The Vincent Hotel in Southport.



The Vincent Hotel is described as;

'a unique lifestyle hotel for the North West of England.'


I love the fact they have valet parking, and the doormen were so lovely.
Once we'd been checked in by the very friendly receptionist (makes me miss my hotel reception days) who had given us a complimentary upgrade to a Studio, we went to check out the room.

If you follow me on twitter then you'll know about 10 mins into our romantic trip, my bra broke (not because of what you're thinking!), so the first hour of our stay was spent watching football whilst Ryan got handy with the sewing kit!
Luckily it was all fine and didn't burst open over dinner, much to Ryan's dismay!

The room was lovely, super huge squishy bed, sutble muted tones, and a great view of Lord Street.
Bathroom was a bit on the small side with a soaking tub, super deep but very tiny.

I was a little disappoint by the lack of fresh milk which was promised as there was a funky magimix nespresso type coffee maker and there were no biscuits.
I'm a biscuit fiend and love fancy biscuits in hotel rooms! 
(I'm aware this makes me quite sad!)



We had Dinner, Bed & Breakfast included in our rate so we had dinner in the V-Cafe & Sushi Bar.
It is beautiful, the lights were funky tea pots suspended from the ceiling with a mirrored wall one side and windows that opened on the the street on another.

Ryan had a beautifully cooked sirloin steak, and I had the small sushi platter with was amazing. The Waiter, Andy, uber lovely and very friendly.

The dessert was gorgeous, I chose the S'mores Board which was a little pile of marshmallows, toffee and chocolate dipping sauce, ice cream, fruit and tiny biscuits complete with a little fire and stick to melt the marshmallows. 
Absolute heaven!

After two bottles of wine I was completely battered, motherhood has affected my drinking abilities I fear, otherwise we would of had a few drinks in the private members bar, but alas I couldn't possibly of managed another drink!



If you are in the North West and looking for a funky hotel I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Vincent Hotel.

I'm sure you know me well enough by now to know I can't resist including a few photos of my cheeky boy.



Do you ever treat yourselves to a weekend away?

x





6 comments:

  1. Finn looks so grown up!!!!
    It sounds like a nioe place and the food looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get over how big he is getting!x

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and Finn is so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks perfect! :-)

    The smores look amazing! But I am a bit apprehensive I had a smore related incident to the leg before!!!

    http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable. I love kid and I have one :-) happy weekend

    ReplyDelete