Thursday 7 June 2012

Smashing post

Finley turned one on 28th May, I can't believe how quickly this year has gone, and how my teeny tiny 3lbs 13oz baby has turned into such a gorgeous little boy with the most chilled personality ever.

To celebrate we held a little party with family and friends (I'll do a separate post on that later) and we also had a Cake Smash Photo shoot.

A Cake Smash is basically where your child/baby is photographed smashing up a birthday cake. It's something I came across when I was pregnant and automatically decided that this would be what the baby would have for their 1st birthday.

After a little scout about and some fabulous recommendation from lots of mums on a group I use on facebook, we chose to have the shoot done by Jess at Jess Wilkins Photography.
 I believe she only started out in February this year, but as she was so widely recommended I took the plunge and booked up. Jess was lovely, she was able to take the photos in her conservatory as we were visiting Norwich at the time and didn't have anywhere else for them to be taken.
Finn the baby that doesn't cry, screamed through 75% of the shoot, Jess was really calm and patience with him, suggesting different poses and things we could try with, and despite the tears we got a good 25 amazing photos. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her if you live in the Norwich area, and I'll definitely be going back to have a family photo shoot done at some point. 

The cake was baked by my good friend Sam at The Sugarplum Bakehouse, she too has only recently started out with her own cake business but has built the business up amazingly and makes fabulous cakes. I think I should stake a claim in the business really as I helped name it!

Any hoo, I'm sure you'd like to see some photos of  my gorgeous boy, it's been a while hasn't it! He's getting more and more scrummy by the day!

As you'll be able to tell, Finn wasn't really interested in smashing the cake!








Love Mel x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love the 3rd and 4th pictures especially x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I ended up buying 15 as I couldn't decide on just the 5 we got free!X

      Delete