Wednesday 7 December 2011

Garnier B.B Cream Review

Hi lovelies.

How blinking cold is it? I'm bundled up in jumpers and Finn is in a million layers and his super cute snowsuits!

I've been meaning to buy the Garnier B.B cream for a while after seeing lots of reviews but wasn't that sure it would do anything for me and it is a hefty £9.99, but I'm an ad mans dream and was suckered in after seeing the advert!

It boldly claims to be a 'Miracle Skin Perfector'. Quite a claim.

This is my normal naked, cleansed and moisturised skin (please excuse the wet hair)


As you can see it's quite blotchy and a little uneven with a few scars and marks here and there.

Now it says it will //Even tone and boosts glow//Blur imperfections//Smooth fine lines// have 24hr hydration//and give SPF15 UV protection


 I find it quite a thick consistency, almost foundation like but it does go on quite light and blends easily.

 I thought it was quite a dinky tube for £9.99 but a little does go a long way.

I chose the shade 'light' as the 'medium' was a little orange, now being half Portuguese I'm never a 'light' in anything so I think if you're very pale then even this might be a bit too dark for you.


As you can see it does work quite well, I'm not as 'wowed' by it as I thought I might be, then again I do wear a heavy foundation daily (ELF Flawless Finish). I do wear this on days which I'm moping around the house or visiting friends but I wouldn't wear it on a night out or even if I was going out in the day as it just doesn't give enough coverage for me.

If you've got good skin to start with a generally don't wear a heavy foundation then it'd be great for you.

However it'll be great for the summer though when I still want some coverage but not anything heavy.



Right I'm off to put the heating on again!

Love Mel & Finn xx

2 comments:

  1. I quite liked the sample I got but not got round to buying yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review – I’m glad you mentioned that the medium was quite dark as that is the shade I would automatically have gone for. It looks to have the coverage of a tinted moisturiser rather than a foundation, but this would be fine for me for everyday usage when I can’t be bothered to wear a full face of make up.

    ReplyDelete