Sunday 13 November 2011

Gingerbread lattes....

On Friday before Finn's swimming lesson (which he did a 5 second under water swim!) we met up with my friend Lizzie and her gorgeous little boy for the obligatory Starbucks and had lunch at Wagamama's. Her little boy was a superstar and Finn unlike him was being a whinge!
Also had my first Gingerbread Latte of the season, I absolutely love them and I'm sure it'll be the first of many, sod the diet I NEED these!



Strangely I met Lizzie on NetMums on their 'meet a mum' board. You write a little bit about yourself and ask other mums to contact you, I imagine it's like writing a dating ad!
I have lots of friend with children but at the time I had Finn I only had one friend with a baby so thought it would be good plan to meet some other new mummies.

I remember adding Lizzie to facebook and then arranging to meet for a coffee (Starbucks as always) and Ryan asked me if I was going to be wearing a red rose so Lizzie would know who I was!
Two hours later we were still chatting over probably our third coffee with two dozing babies in prams.  Lizzie's little (I'm lying here, he's a chunky monkey!) boy is only a month older Finn so it'll be nice for them to be able to play together when they're a little bigger.

I'd definitely recommend it as a great way to meet other mums, obviously with meeting anyone online you have to be careful but luckily for me Lizzie wasn't a pervy man posing as a mum!

Hope you've all had a lovely day, it's been gorgeous here today, lots of sunshine and blue skies.

Love Mel & Finn xxx


1 comment:

  1. I have never had a Starbucks ever!!!
    I have no friends with children :( I used the Babycentre website when i was pregnant and they made a facebook group of November 2010 mummies and loads of us are going on a night out next month, its a great way to meet people. x

    ReplyDelete