Wednesday 9 November 2011

So the lion fell in love with the lamb

Today we have had a lazy day, with a visit from Finn's auntie's who were down for the day.

I thought I would introduce Shelley to Twilight, which I am totally addicted to, I could watch it over and over. I read so so many comments and status's about the saga on facebook at the time it came out that it put me off so when the hype had calmed down I dipped my toe in the Twilight water, and have in the words of Bella Swan, 'fallen hopelessly and irrevocably in love' with the books and films. I'm sure I've mentioned I have tickets to the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn, I might burst with excitement soon! Team Edward all the way.

I met up with a friend yesterday for coffee, cake and a good old gossip, which of course ended in a spot of shopping. Superdrug have a 3 for 2 on all cosmetics at the moment so I picked up my favourite lipstick, Shake up from Rimmel's Colour Show Off range. It is beautifully matte pink lipstick which gives a lovely 'pop' of colour.


Secondly I chose L'Oreal's Volume Million Lashes Luminizer for Hazel eyes which is black with a touch of amaysthe, it looks purple on the wand but goes on black. It's supposed to 'Luminize' (is that even a word) your eyes or in their words...

"Light-up your eyes with Volume Million Lashes Luminizer. For fanned-out, maxed-up lash look in 3 dazzling shades.

Put the twinkle in your eyes!"

I can't say it does that but it's a very nice mascara which does indeed give lovely fanned result as well as lifting and separating the lashes. I'm not however a fan of the wand, it's a huge plastic one and I don't get on well with those! This picture of at the end of the day so the slight fall out is from me rubbing my eyes all day from sleep deprivation!!




Did you know there is only 45 sleeps, and 4 hours until Christmas? What are you most looking forward to this Christmas? It will be our first with Finn and I absolutely cannot wait.

Love Mel & Finn xx

2 comments:

  1. That mascara looks great to say its from the end of the day!
    I am so excited for Christmas! It'll be Sebs second but he was only 3 weeks old last year and slept the whole time. This year will be very different, he won't sleep at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad is it! Good mascara but can't say my eyes twinkle! Ahh that'll be fab he'll be so excited! Finn will be nearly 7 months then so I'm hoping he'll be into it a bit!xx

    ReplyDelete